Tuesday, October 26, 2010

College essay

College Essay


Throughout life we all go through a big life experience, that marked us forever. In this prompt I will tell you one of my life experiences that had a big impact in my life. Back to When I was about five years old in 1996, I was living in the U.S.A and my parents were going back to their country which was Brazil. I didn’t really understand what my parents really meant, but I taught It was just going to be like a trip and we were to going to back soon. I was really exited that I was going to another country, I remember telling everyone my neighbors, friends . I could not wait to get there, but what I didn’t know is that it was going to be for a real long period of time.
Every one already knew about our trip back to Brazil, I remember I would look at my parents and they would look worried, but at the time I didn’t understand that they were worried, they were thinking about how they just left and how the meeting with their families were going to be. I remember my mom telling me how much family I had, all the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc, but all I was thinking about was how it looked and how it was going to be once I got there. During the fligh was flying I was looking down out the window and I seen a whole different scenery I never seen before, that’s when I realized, I was in in my country. Right after I heard the pilot tell us, that we had arrived in Brazil. The air plane ride was about fifteen hours long all together, and we landed in airport of Sao Paulo.
Another city to go and we were in our hometown, called Belo Horizonte meaning Fine Horizon. I couldn’t wait to get there, the city that my mom and dad always talked about, the city that my parent had their childhood in. I was ready for it, I was ready to get there meet every single one of my family members, to see how life there was like, how people were. The pilot announces “we have arrived in Belo Horizonte” , all I could think In my head was, I cant believe it, were here. My mom and dad sill looked worried, while they were leaving the plain all I was doing was following them, trying to understand what was going on and where were we going next. We get to the baggage claim and we see one of our family members from my moms side, her sister, she sees my mom and gives her a big hug, greets my dad , then she looks over to me, grabs me and gives me a big hug, I remember her saying wow this is him, his so handsome, wow I cant believe this is him.
I was trying to understand why she grabbed me like that and why she said all those things to me, I was a little confused from her perspective of me, and I had no idea there was more of those similar reactions to come. We get to my moms sister car which was my aunt. My aunt was the one giving us a ride to where all of our family members were all together reunited, because of our arrival from the U.S. In the car I hear my parents and my aunt talking, they were ask my aunt how everyone was doing, if every one was ok?. Before we got to our destination, during the car ride I was observing every single little thing I could, I thought every thing was so different, the streets, the people, stores every thing was really different.
We get to my grandmothers house, where everyone is waiting for our arrival. I didn’t know anyone, but it seemed that everyone knew me. I was allover the place so many people going every where, saying hi to my mom and my dad, then right after they would come over to me and all I heard from most of them was, wow this is your son Erik, wow he looks amazing. Later on I go into the house by my self and I meet some of my cousins, they were playing video games and they started to talk to me and ask me how the United Stated was. I told my cousins everything about the U.S, all my cousins were really united to one another since they were born, and even do I never was there around with them, I didn’t fell excluded from the family.
I lived at brazil for about eight years, and I remember almost every day of it , how different and surprising every year was. At first when I arrived for about the first four months, I would tell my mom every day I wanted to go back home, that I wanted to go back to my school, go back to my bedroom, but it never mattered, my mom and dad made it clear, that were weren’t coming back. As a lived in brazil day by day I found out It wasn’t bad at all, and my life now was in Brazil, I was living a whole different culture and I adapted to it really quick.
My experience in Brazil changed me for the rest of my life, It was a whole life change in a matter of only days. Also this experience made me a different person than would I would of probably be if I had stayed in the U.S for all those years. There’s always life experiences that mark us forever and In my case my biggest life experience was going to Brazil and living an new life style.

No comments: